Home care sometimes called home help or home support is care provided in your own home to help you keep your independence.
It may involve regular visits from a home care worker and social care, health and housing services like:
- general cleaning, heavy housework and gardening
- personal care
- meals on wheels or frozen meals delivery
- collecting pensions and prescriptions
- paying bills
- laundry, like washing and ironing in your home or a laundrette
- equipment and adaptions, like telehealthcare and home improvements
- reablement - this usually lasts up to 6 weeks and means you'll get personal care to help you live independently at home after leaving hospital
Ask your local pharmacy if they could deliver your prescriptions, if you find it difficult to pick up your medication.
Find out more about coming out of hospital.
The information was last updated on: 24th May 2017